Many physical exercises and activities become a literal pain if not properly executed on proper surfaces. Pilates, Yoga, tumbling, squats, pushups, weight lifting are just a few types of indoor fitness exercises that imply you getting in touch with your floor or a hard surface while you’re at it. And many people end up quitting such beneficial activities because they cannot endure the pain, discomfort, and fatigue stemming from the fact that they don’t use the proper gear. Today we will try to answer two frequently asked questions: why do we need foam mats for exercising and why is the foam interlocking tile mat variety so popular?
We answered half of the first question in the introduction it seems. If you want to engage in yoga, Pilates, meditation, gymnastics and even floor aerobics exercise sessions, your body should be free of any discomfort. We have talked about Yoga and Pilates a lot – such fitness varieties involve you rolling, sitting, lying and working on the floor at all times. Now imagine that between you and the floor is only a… blanket. The stress you subject your body to even bigger than the effort of exercising. You need a high-quality exercise foam mat. In truth, a regular foam mat and a foam interlocking tiles mat share common advantages:
- It provides you with a comfortable working area
- It protects the floor while you workout
- It alleviates workout fatigue
- It prevents you from slipping and falling
- It is water-resistant and easy to clean of perspiration
The Extra-Advantages of the Foam Interlocking Tiles Mat
- Such mat comes in a sturdier design and a thicker built: while a simple Pilates mat and an exercise rug may be enough in summer in your living room or in your backyard, the foam interlocking tiles mat also protects you from cold in case you set up your workout room in the basement or you want to still enjoy the fresh air in fall while doing your Yoga poses on the lawn in the back.
- A high-quality and reputable foam interlocking tiles mat can cover larger surfaces – offering you a generous space for your tumbling, poses, aerobics and other types of exercises (jumping rope and hula hoop exercises come to mind).
- Such a mat is easy to clean, store and carry around: it breaks down in tiles that can be easily stacked in a closet or under the bed. Being made of lightweight materials, such mats can be carried around in a bag – in case you want to take your favorite Asana to the park. Since it is easy to assemble, you can use it anytime and anywhere you want – a smaller version can also be carried in a backpack so you can still look stylish and professional and nobody will know what you have hidden in your backpack or laptop bag.
- Such mats are easy to clean very well – if the surface is not porous enough to make cleaning an exhausting chore, such mats can be cleaned with a soft cloth and some bleach or mild disinfectant gel.
One of the advantages of the foam interlocking tiles mats is that they can be used to cover and insulate a room’s floor entirely. You don’t just practice on them but have more and puzzle them so you achieve a durable, non-slippery, easy to clean flooring for your exercise room in the basement or for a child’s playroom as well.
Image source: 1