B01DG56NEW is not a valid value for ItemId. Please change this value and retry your request.
If you are looking for an incredibly cheap road bike, you can use for commuting purposes or riding in the park on Sunday afternoon while getting in a bit of fresh air, sunshine and exercise or if you are looking for a road bike you can slowly upgrade and customize then the Aluminum road bike/commuter bike by Vilano might be the ideal bike for you.
Features of the Commuter Aluminium Shimano 21 Speed 700c
Table of Contents
This is Vilano’s most basic road bike which is why it sells for an extremely low price. While it is fairly good for commuting this is not a bike you want to race with, as most of the parts are basic and not designed for heavy wear and tear. Features of this bike include:
- 6061 double butted lightweight aluminum frame weighting just 26 pounds.
- Shimano A050 thumb shifters
- Wheels: 700c double walled CNC machined sides
- 21 speeds
- Alloy caliper brakes
- Dual brake levers
- Free pedals included
- Comes in white or black
- Sizes: 50cm, 54cm, 58cm
- Shifters: Shimano A050 Thumb rear indexed 7-speed; Front friction 3 speed
This is the type of road bike that most parents would purchase for their middle school child as a first road bike. While it will give them the experience of road biking for pleasure it really isn’t build for those who want to compete in bike racing, or even for heavy duty use at least not without some significant upgrades.
The idea that this bike comes with free pedals is somewhat laughable, as most people expect to purchase a bike with pedals, and the pedals that come “free” with this bike is certainly nothing to write home about. In fact, most of the people who purchase this bike not only recommend upgrading the pedals, but also the brakes, the seat, tires, and other parts if you intend to use the bike for any extended period of time.
Despite the fact that this bike is loaded with cheap parts, users give this bike between average and good reviews although most users giving the good reviews admit that they knew exactly what to expect from a road bike in this price range so that they weren’t disappointed. Several of the more negative reviews weren’t due to the quality of the bike or it’s parts but, rather because when they received the bike it came with bent or broken parts. Users did find several things that they liked about this bike besides the price, and they commented favorably on the following:
- Bike’s Sturdy Frame- Almost all of the users feel that the frame of this bike is certainly sturdy and some users feel the frame alone is worth the price of they paid for the entire bike, so they were not disappointed in all of the basic features.
- Perfect for those people who want to learn everything there is no about road bikes- Surprisingly this bike is well liked by those DIYers who are just starting out road biking. They feel that because this bike needs several upgrades and needs to constantly adjusted that it gives them an opportunity to learn everything there is to know about road bikes before investing in far more expensive bikes.
- Choice of Colors- While most users choose the black bike and found it looked good, users like the fact that you had a choice of colors to chose from.
If you are looking for a high end road bike for a budget price then this bike isn’t going to be the one for you. However, if you are looking for a beater bike, or just one to get out and go riding with your friends, and don’t mind doing some upgrades over time, then this bike just may be what you are looking for.
Click here to read more pros and cons >>> Commuter Aluminium Shimano 21 Speed Bicycle 700c