In the world of athletic gadgets, a slim fit product that tracks your daily activity is mandatory – counting your steps, monitoring distances, calories and worked minutes is a good way of keeping your workouts in check. There is a myriad of devices that track your activity, but today we will take a look at the Fitbit Flex – a wristband that monitors both your physical activity and your sleep.
Table of Contents
What Are the Main Features of the Fitbit Flex?
This gadget can be worn during the day to track your physical activity and during the night to monitor your sleep quality.
- The Fitbit Flex connects to Android and iOS and plenty of smartphones you use in order to make the device work properly
- The wristband is made of water-resistant rubber – it is slim, comfortable and light, being an easy companion to wear during the night to monitor sleep.
- One of its greatest advantages is that it syncs wirelessly and automatically to the computer and over 150 popular smartphones.
- As sleeping monitoring goes, the wristband also comes with a silent alarm that discreetly vibrates, not waking up your partner.
- The device comes together with LED lighting which has the purpose of showing your daily results and how they stack upon your envisioned activity goals.
- The battery lasts for 4 to 5 days and it is easily rechargeable.
- The light, durable material is easy to clean with tissue and sanitizer gel in case it gets dusty.
- The device is more adaptable to your daily routines and outfits – it comes with a clasp, making it easier to put on and take off and with interchangeable colored wristbands that can suit different types of attire.
- The Fitbit Flex makes a nice companion if you wear it around the house and use a keyboard for instance – you won’t feel it and you will be able to engage in typing without being distracted by an object gripping your wrist.
What Are the Fitbit Flex Drawbacks?
When it comes to activity tracking gadgets, you know this world offers a very wide palette of smartwatches and sports devices that monitor all possible aspects of your life and performance. Some are better than others and some come with great features while lacking certain qualities. The Fitbit Flex is not much different. There are some critiques related to this particular product:
- Seasoned active people who take a workout and running activities seriously consider this particular device a simple pedometer with some sleep monitoring included, but they have tested already other devices which shine brighter in terms of hi-tech performances.
- In comparison to other similar devices, this model of Fitbit Flex doesn’t come together with an activity alarm – some people need it to really monitor their daily activities.
Is the Fitbit Flex Good for You?
If you are a beginner in sports devices, you want a reasonably priced product that needs little maintenance and does the job then yes, this gadget will track your activity and sleep quality without fuss. If you are a hardcore gym user or a seasoned runner, you might be interested in more advanced pieces of hardware.
Image source: 1