Running, jogging, biking and walking late at night, early in the morning or during a mid-winter afternoon needs to be accomplished in the safest conditions. Reflective vests are no news, but illuminating gear comes fast from behind to add even more safety and fun to your in-the-dark athletic activities. Today we will talk about the Noxgear Tracer360 illuminated vest, a sports gadget which mixes the rigors of science with the runners’ and bikers’ actual safety needs.
What is the Noxgear Tracer360 Illuminated Vest?
Table of Contents
The product is described as an intelligently illuminated and 3M reflective visibility vest working based on five multi-color illumination modes and powered by CREE LED technology, featuring six solid colors managed by high-end software.
Essentially, the vest looks like an Army Safety Belt holding together plastic piping that goes around your whole body (shoulders and under your arms), illuminating your body 360 degrees.
- It comes in 6 solid colors and 5 flashing modes, selectable with a simple button push, no matter if you are running or cycling.
- The visual science behind the belt allows you to be visible to drivers and other joggers way before their headlights are on you – this makes you visible from any direction from a ½ mile away.
- It is lightweight (6.5 oz) and comfortable – since the only thing you will actually wear is the safety belt, the Noxgear Tracer360 illuminated vest won’t burden you with extra fabric and extra sweat when you jog or bike.
- It runs on 3 AAA batteries and lasts around 40 hours – since there’s no electricity involved, the vest won’t add extra heat to the one you already experience while running.
- The vest alerts you when you need to change the batteries by flashing green / red colors.
- It is highly adjustable to any size and body type and from what we gathered, it is flexible and independent of weather conditions as well – you can wear it over a light summer T-shirt or your winter thick cycling gear.
- It is an all season waterproof vest – and highly useful in rain, snow, low visibility conditions and fog as the 360 degrees visibility is incredibly useful.
- It doesn’t bounce
- It is made in the USA
- It is reusable and needs little to no maintenance (as long as you change the batteries when the device starts notifying you).
- The price is more than affordable
- The belt comes in only one color and that’s not the best shade of green you ever saw
- When it is turned off it looks… weird
- When you don’t use it, it is a bit difficult to store properly
Is the Noxgear Tracer360 Illuminated Vest Good for You?
Yes, yes it is! If you were ever close to being hit or grazed while jogging or biking, if you keep up your running routine even in the dark and if you want to use a solid, yet lightweight, waterproof, all-seasons illuminating vest, then the Noxgear Tracer360 illuminated vest is for you!