The Schwinn bike company is one of the most recognizable and dependable bicycle brands around and the Schwinn Men’s High Timber Mountain bike is no exception. For those men, who are looking to add a little adventure to their lives for an affordable price, this bike will make a great starter bike, giving you a smooth ride, a lot of exercise, and some great fun while traveling the off beaten path all for a more than reasonable price.
Features of the Schwinn Men High Timber 29″ MTB (Grey)
Table of Contents
The High Timber mountain bike has several nice features for a starter mountain bike. These features include:
- Classic silver mountain bike, looks sporty and attractive
- New Schwinn mountain frame with SR sun tour suspension for a more comfortable and controlled ride.
- SRAM grip shift shifters with 21 speed Shimano rear derailleur
- Alloy linear pull brakes for safer stops
- Quick release saddle for easier height adjustments
This Schwinn High Timber Mountain Bike is ideal for Men of about 5’9″ or taller. It has the sporty look of a more expensive mountain bike, but sells for an affordable price, that makes it a great option for those men who want to try mountain biking or trail riding and don’t want to invest in a top of line bike until they determine if this is a sport that will enjoy. While the bike is definitely budget priced, there is nothing budget looking about it, so that you won’t be embarrassed hitting the trail and riding along with those people who have spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars on the mid-range to top of line mountain bikes.
The Schwinn High Timber mountain Bike reviews are excellent. While some men did find the seat a tad uncomfortable and upgraded to something with a bit more padding, overall, most men found that this bike fit their needs extremely well. Features that users most like about this bike include:
- Looks- Most users really like the looks of this bike, finding it both sporty and somewhat sophisticated, which made them feel good when riding it.
- Solid build- Many of the men who purchased this bike, were exceptionally pleased to have found a budget bike with such a solid build. They stated that this bike met their needs and was exactly what they were hoping for when they purchased it.
- Rides and Shifts Smoothly- Unlike many budget mountain bikes that give users a less than smooth ride, and are somewhat difficult to shift, users find the High Timber bike gives an incredibly smooth ride, with smooth shifting, making the overall mountain biking experience extremely positive.
Judging from the reviews, it appears that Schwinn has once more lived up to it’s reputation for producing a quality bike at a reasonable price. While, this bike may not stand up to heavy competition it has plenty to offer the recreational mountain bike rider.