Table of Contents
If you are just starting out kayaking and have purchased a budget kayak you often find that these kayaks don’t come equipped with paddles and if they do, they paddles are not quite as dependable or strong as you might wish, so purchasing an inexpensive paddle that is of decent quality can make your time on the water far more enjoyable. So for those of you looking for a spare or replacement kayak paddle, but want something inexpensive here are a couple of options. We show you both pros & cons of the paddles and the Shoreline Marine vs. Seasense X-Treme Paddle comparison, too :
Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle Rounded Blade 96”
The Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle is a metal kayaking paddle with PVC blades that are designed for the recreational kayaker that doesn’t want to fork over $50 for a professional kayaking paddle. Features of this paddle include:
- This is a 2 piece paddle that is simple to put together and take apart for storage
- Drip guards to help keep you dry
- A 3 position system that allows you to adjust the paddle angle to your paddling style
- Foam grips help to protect your hands
- Contoured blade for better propulsion through the water.
Potential customers need to keep in mind that this a very inexpensive kayaking paddle and therefore, it isn’t going to be as durable as the high end professional models. This paddle is designed for the recreational kayaker who wants a longer paddle and is not going to use for white water or ocean rafting where your paddle is likely to get some abuse.
Users give this paddle good ratings and most users are pleased with it considering its extremely low price. Some users did mention they had this paddle break within a few uses, but most users found that this paddle was durable enough to allow them to enjoy kayaking on smaller lakes and rivers. Benefits users found with the shoreline kayak paddle include:
The thick foam grips made for more comfortable paddling and less friction on hands.
- Helped them to Track Straight
People who purchased inflatable kayaks and had trouble getting their kayaks to track straight discovered that purchasing this paddle actually help resolve the tracking problem and allowed them to cut to through water faster as well.
Users found these paddles light enough weight that they didn’t make their arms feel fatigued while on the water and did not add significantly to the weight of transporting their kayak to and from the waters edge.
Click here to read more pros and cons >>> Shoreline Marine Kayak Paddle Rounded Blade 96″
Seasense X-Treme Li Kayak Paddle
The Seasense X-Treme Li Kayak paddle is another budge kayaking paddle that is designed more for recreational use than for riding those rapids or for ocean adventures. Features of this paddle include:
- 2 Piece construction
- Feathered dip design
- Adjustable dip guard
- Support ridge for added strength
- 3 locking positions to allow you to adjust the angle for your style of rowing
- Comes in either 84” or 94” length
Again the Seasense X-Treme is a budget price kayaking paddle designed to meet the needs of the recreational kayaker rather than the professional kayaker. It is extremely low priced which makes it attractive to most people on a budget who needs a back up or replacement kayaking paddle.
The majority of users who were looking for a low price kayaking paddle feel this paddle fits the bill and they give it good ratings across the board.
- Comfortable Grips
Most users found that the foam grips on this Kayaking paddle made for a more comfortable day of kayaking.
Users find that this paddle is lightweight which helps to reduce arm fatigue when kayaking for long periods of time.
Click here to read more pros and cons >>> Seasense X-Treme Li Kayak Paddle
Side by Side Comparison of the Shoreline Marine and Seasense X-Treme Kayaking Paddles
When you compare the Shoreline Marine and the Seasense X-Treme kayak paddles side by side you will be surprised at just how much these two paddles are alike. Both have:
- Dip guards to help keep you dry although users of both kayaking paddles do state that this drip paddles slide back and forth a lot.
- Both come in two pieces and are easy to put together and take apart
- Both offer you a choice of 3 angle positions
- Both have thick padding that provides for comfortable use.
In fact, one users who owned both of these kayaking paddles actually compared them side by side and found them to be almost identical paddles. The only differences in these paddle seem to be:
- The Seasense paddle comes in two sizes 84 inches and 96 inches while the Shoreline only comes in 96 inches.
- The Shoreline paddle is slightly less expensive than the Seasense.
- The shoreline paddle seems to have more negative (1 star) reviews, but that may be due to the fact that it has been reviewed 4 times more than than Seasense.
In the end, both paddles seem to be of good quality of price and have all the same features making either of these paddles a good buy for those trying to save money.