Cellulite seems to miraculously and suddenly show up under women’s skin and settle for good, affecting the thighs, hips, and butt areas. As you probably know already, a diet will help you eliminate some fat, but it won’t entirely help you regain your smooth skin and toned the lower body. There are, however, a few efficient cellulite reducing methods which can help you keep cellulite at bay – if you combine them properly. However, keep in mind that you won’t see results overnight. Don’t get discouraged too soon, but learn about the next three efficient cellulite reducing methods and combine them to start remodeling your body!
1. Improve Blood Flow Circulation
Circulation helps your muscles and skin stay fit and healthy, so you shouldn’t disregard the exercises meant to improve it. You should engage in cardio and strength training exercises to tone the muscular system and help blood circulate at all your skin levels. Strength training should focus on building up the hamstrings, quads, buttocks and hips. The main exercises which proved effective in reducing body fat are sit-ups, step-ups, lunges, and squats. If you want to give your cellulite a run for its money, make sure you use a pair of neoprene dumbbells with a non-slip grip.
2. Keep a Healthy Diet
In a cellulite-specific diet, you should follow the next rules to make sure the three efficient cellulite reducing methods work as a whole.
- Sugar and foods with a high glycemic index are the enemies
- Keep your food intake low on carbs
- Focus your diet on low-fat foods and go for lean proteins and veggies
- Avoid as much as possible starches, processed foods, salty foods and sugary fruits
- Hydrate – drink as much water as you can
- Focus on antioxidants: green tea, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries
- Include vitamin C in your diet as it will help you boost the collagen levels of your skin: oranges, broccoli, other fruits, and veggies.
Diet alone cannot help you treat spot-cellulite and won’t make your skin smooth and firm, it will only help you lose some fat and burn some calories. However, mixing diet with cardio, strength training, and proper hydration will take you one step closer to your goal.
3. High-Intensity Spot-Cellulite Treatments
So far, strengthening your body and eliminating toxins and fat may make you feel better and look slimmer, but the stubborn spot cellulite may still be there. To directly impact the terrible spots, you have to take out the big guns:
- High-intensity athletic programs: fast or interval running, swimming, spinning, cycling, circuit training, high-impact aerobics
- Intensive sports: water polo, water aerobics, basketball, handball, volleyball
- Non-invasive body remodeling therapies and skin treatments (audio frequency, pulsating light, infra-red, vacuum, vibrations, skin wraps, mechanical massage etc.)
- Vibration platforms for regular exercises
These three types of efficient cellulite reducing methods can be further enhanced if you also use specialized cellulite creams and serums to treat skin locally and rethink your entire lifestyle, from drinking water on an empty stomach early in the morning or taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
Image source: 1