Fitness is something which every other individual demands. It is just the ever growing involvement of the people in the practical world which denies them to keep the required level of fitness. The overweight people and those categorized among obese people, then serious actions regarding the fitness need to be taken. If you are looking to burn more than 500 calories in an hour then nothing can be a better option than to use a stationary indoor cycling bike.
This is appropriate exercise equipment not only for the overweight or obese people, but all adults can use it for maintaining their fitness. It has a number of features which contributes considerably towards the enhancement of the fitness levels. Moreover, the flexibility in the machines also enables you to set it up as per your own convenience. Different brands are there which offer different products with different features and quality. You need to assure that the best possible bike has been selected by you.
In order to select the best and most suitable for you, you should be going through the top 5 best exercise bike reviews to ease you in making your decision.
Why you need an exercise bike?
The exercise bike is an appropriate option for busy professionals or homebound people who do not have much time to add a gym-routine in their daily schedule. There are a few people who are unlucky to have unfavorable weather conditions to enjoy the workout, cycling or running in the park. Moreover, the obese or overweight people almost always are found to be lazy. So, this cycling machine is need of all these people who want to improve their fitness levels.
Different features to consider?
There are a number of different features to consider in an exercise bike which are explained below for your convenience:
- Adjustability – Adjustability is the crucial feature as everybody is not of the same height. This constraint makes you check the adjustable features of the cycle in order to be sure that the system can be molded according to your own specific needs. The flexibility to adjust according to the requirements, is demanded both in the seating platform and the handlebars of the equipment.
- Flywheel Weight – It has been noted that a lot of potential stationary bikers tend to overlook the importance of the flywheel weight while making such a purchase. The people are found to struggle even with the most advance models, if the flywheel weight is not of the best quality. It is a kind of object which will provide you with a realistic cycling experience as you would do anywhere outside. The flywheel weight ideally should be stable, sturdy and shouldn’t wobble at all.
- Special Features – Some of the special and the most crucial features in a cycling machine includes a phone/ MP3 dock, padded seats, cup or the water bottle holders. The computer display console and the heart rate monitoring features are also found to be equally important as much as any other thing in the system.
- Pricing – Different manufacturers have different prices, but you will get what you pay. If you decide to go to the top and renowned brands then with a little bit of effort you can find one that suits both your budget and the requirements.
- Warranty – These machines are primarily dependent on a lot of electronic parts and mechanical features which are vulnerable to a lot of defects and other similar issues. Warranty becomes a top consideration and you must choose one which offers a reasonable warranty period with all the important aspects covered.
Types of exercise bikes:
The following are the different types of exercise bikes:
- Indoor cycling bike – This one is almost identical to the normal bicycle that we use on the road. The resistance mechanism is distributed well through the flywheel weight system which is hooked up with the pedals through a transmission, just like that of a standard bicycle.
- Upright exercise bike–The major difference is in the interior mechanism of this type as compared with the cycling bike. Electromagnetic induction is used for the creation of resistance. The flywheel rotation is controlled or slowed down by using the magnets. You can use the built-in workout programs to exactly simulate the feeling of riding a bike up or down the hill.
- Recumbent exercise bike– This one is for the ones who want some good comfort while trying to work out their legs. It is because, they offer a nice seating platform to have a comfortable ride, while your legs are moving. Good and firm support is provided to your back while using this type of bike. Further, you can also try the recline position, so that there wouldn’t be any strain on your body.
- Interactive exercise bikes –Interactive exercise bikes, as it name indicates interact with the user to provide feedback with the help of guesswork to make sure about the status of the exercise being done and how much you have achieved your workout goals. Such a system would integrate to give you the exact status about your workout, what you should do more and how much effort is required in order to fulfill the requirement of your workout. The user would know the speed, productivity and the actual gain of the workout to help decide the next workout plan.
In addition to it, these bikes also come, with gaming and entertainment features to make the user feel like in a competition or can play games while doing their workout.
- Dual action bikes
The dual action bikes are those which provide a simultaneous movement for both arms and legs. It’s a simple stationary type of exercise system that has the ability to provide the workout facility for your arms and legs at the same time.
Here are the brief yet comprehensive best exercise bike reviews for you to have a look and decide your best match:
1.Exerpeutic Upright Bike with Pulse
This is an upright exercise bike offering the maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. You will surely love it for its light weight of 49 pounds and the machine is fold-able as well. The user will have the seating comfort with large cushions which can accommodate people of all sizes. The seat can be adjusted as per the requirements of the user. Heart rate monitoring is there with a hand pulse monitor. The machine will be relatively very quiet during the performance and the space saving design will further add to your convenience. The machine can be stored anywhere in the room with ease and if you require moving it, then the transportation wheels will make the job seamless. The system offers the exercisers with an 8 level control system for managing the magnetic tension. The bike is offered to the buyers with a limited warranty of 1 year.Read Full Review
2.Sunny Health & Fitness Cycling Bike
It is an incredible cycling bike to have in your home. It has a compact design, but a heavy duty steel frame. The seat height can be adjusted with ease as per the requirements of the exerciser. The flywheel is of top quality and weighs 22pounds. There is a chain driven mechanism which allows best exertion with quiet and smooth workouts. The steel frame and the crank of the system are both heavy duty and sturdy. The resistance levels are adjustable as well, which offer users with different level of challenges. The LCD monitor is used for controlling all the programs and the resistance levels. The screen is spacious and the numbers are easier to read. You can also use it for monitoring the number of calories burnt and also the distance traveled, speed and the time taken. The cycling bike is offered with a warranty of 1 year.Read Full Review
3.DeskCycle Bike Pedal Exerciser
It is a unique bike exerciser which can be placed over a desk to use for cycling exercise. The height of the pedals is very low to the ground so you have to choose a desk and a seating platform to suit your needs. The resistance range provided by this system is more than twice of the several other types of pedal machines. There is a total of 8 different resistance levels which are enough to keep anyone challenged and engaged for hours. The resistance is provided through a magnetic mechanism which gives very smooth and quiet performance while using the machine. The small LCD screen is sufficient enough for such a low price bike. There are 5 functions in the system, which are speed, distance covered, time taken. Scan and the calories burnt. You also have an opportunity to use their online calorie calculator which will provide you with very accurate information about the calories burnt. The product has a 1 year limited warranty to go with.Read Full Review
4.Exerpeutic 900XL recumbent bike
This is a recumbent type stationary bike that offers users with a great and challenging cardiovascular workout experience. The recumbent style of the bike puts very less stress on your back and joints of the body. The system has a magnetic tension mechanism with 8 challenging levels of resistance. You can use the resistance levels to challenge yourself and customize according to your needs. The LCD screen included with the system is large with easy to read information. It is relatively compact in design with a nice and sturdy frame. The maximum allowable weight capacity is 300 pounds, which is excellent to facilitate good heavy users over the platform to reduce weight and enhance fitness. The seat and the back rest are nicely padded to give you comfort and make it possible to use it for an hour-long session. It is one of those few products which are offered with a warranty of 3 years.Read Full Review
Now this is some serious piece of technological exercise equipment with top quality features offered by a top manufacturer. It comes with dual track 2 x LCD screens which enable users to track 13 different types of feed backs of the system. The goal tracking feature and the ability to export data are the best available features of the machine. You will find them good in achieving all your fitness targets. There are 2 user settings, options and 22 built in programs to keep you challenged and motivated all the time. The machine offer bikers with as much as 20 distinct levels of resistance which is rare to see in such exercise equipment even from the top brands. The flywheel which always is a major concern of the users is found to be of flawless quality with quiet and smooth performance. The USB port offers easy data exchange with charging capability as well.Read Full Review
This one is the most advance stationary bike which unarguably is the best and the most complete system among all the products discussed above. The quality, sturdiness and the feature of this bike makes it suitable for a commercial level gym even. The large display screen can show feed backs of 13 different functions. There are 4 user settings and as much as 39 built in programs. The goal tracking system and the built in programs will keep you engaged and motivated all the time while using this exercise equipment. On top of that, the machine has 25 different resistance levels to offer as well.The quality of the flywheel is great which gives smooth and very quiet performance. It is offered with an excellent 10 years of warranty on its frame which is yet to be seen from any other manufacturer. Further, the maximum allowable capacity is about 350 pounds.Read Full Review
How to select the best for you:
While you go through these best exercise bike reviews there are a few things need to be kept in mind which will ensure that you have the best possible boy. These important points are given below:
- Needs – You must first start with the analysis of your needs. Find out about your fitness level and then think about the appropriate product. The selection of a particular type is also dependent on your needs.
- Durability– The top of the line exercise bikes can be very expensive, so you must ensure their durability. Make sure that the bike under scrutiny is of high quality and known to last long.
- Features –The features should be evaluated and it should justify the price and brand of the product. Never compromise over the basic features such as adjustability, quality of the flywheel weight and the computerized display system. The optional features such as cup older, phone tray and speakers etc. are also important, but can be overlooked if the other things are outstanding.
- Warranty –Warranty must always be considered to have the peace of mind. It could be anything between 1 to 5 years.
- Reviews –Read out the reviews to find out the most trending products. Further, they will give you an unbiased inside opinion about the product.
Where to buy?
The best place to buy the exercise bikes is unarguably Amazon. There are good reasons behind this. First, you will have a good variety of all the manufacturers to choose from. Then, the detailed information is provided about the product. The users can benefit from reading the feedbacks/ reviews given by different people who have genuinely used a particular product. The product rating is also given which can be a quick indicator about the quality of the product.
Under $300 Exercise Bikes Reviews
The following bikes all retail for under $300; therefore, you’ll find that very few of these models come equipped with a wide range of programs and resistance settings. The computer monitor is also quite basic in its functionality, although a few of these models measure your heart rate, although the degree of accuracy is somewhat off.
However, if you’re on a budget and are looking for a simple, reliable exercise bike to help you lose weight or stay in shape, then these bikes are the best the industry has to offer.
4.7 – MagneTrainer-ER
+++++ (very) good +++
4.2 – Sunny SF-B1110
4.1 – Gold’s Gym Trainer 110
4.1 – Stamina 5325
4.0 – Sunny SF-B1001
4.0 – Stamina 1300
3.8 – Exerpeutic LX7
3.7 – Body Champ BRM3671
3.4 – Body Champ BF620
$300-699 Exercise Bike Reviews
As these bikes are more expensive they are usually constructed from higher quality parts and components, and are also backed by a better warranty.
You’ll find that these exercise bikes come equipped with a more generous number of programs and resistance settings than their budget counterparts. The pedaling motion also feels smoother and more lifelike, and the computer console gives you more information on your workout.
5.0 – Total Gym Cyclo Trainer
+++ Top gear +++
4.5 – Schwinn AD6 Airdyne
4.4 – CycleOps Magneto Trainer
4.2 – Phoenix 98623
4.0 – Schwinn 170 Review
4.1 – Marcy AIR 1
4.0 – LifeSpan Fitness S2
4.0 – Fitness Master X Series
3.7 – Schwinn IC
$700+ Exercise Bike Reviews
When you get into the $700+ range you’ll find that the build quality of the bikes are unrivaled, and can be depended on for many years to come.
The computer console provides you with all the information you could possibly want to know as you workout, and there are more programs and resistance settings to choose from, which should challenge even the very fittest of individuals.
+++ Top gear +++
4.5 – Livestrong LS9.9IC-2
4.5 – M3 Indoor Cycle
3.9 – Sole Fitness B94
N/A – Precor UBK 615
N/A – ProForm GT Indoor Cycle
Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
Recumbent bikes have become more and more popular in recent years. The main difference between them and traditional, upright bikes is that recumbent models are much more comfortable to use. They feature a well-padded seat, complete with a backrest, making them ideal for those who want to want to take it easy as they work out -i.e watch TV, or for those with back trouble or any other joint pain.
Listed below are a number of recumbent exercise bike reviews, categorized by their average rating. Clicking on any of the links below will take you to our very own review, filled with useful information to help you come to a more informed decision.We talk about the bike’s features, warranty information, dimensions, user reviews, strengths and weaknesses, as well as any other information we think you should factor into your decision buying process.
Under $300 Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
4.5 – Exerpeutic 900Xl
+++ Top gear +++
4.4 – Exerpeutic 300SR
4.2 – Phoenix 99608
$300 -$499 Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
+++ Top gear +++
4.0 – Proform 315 CSX
3.7 – Schwinn 230
3.5 – Schwinn 270
$500+ Recumbent Exercise Bike Reviews
+++ Top gear +++
4.4 – Stamina Elite Total Body
4.1 – Stamina 15-9003
The best exercise bike reviews given above are all of top quality and you would not regret choosing any of them. Each product has something different to offer. You must analyze your requirements and then match it up with a particular product. Always remember to keep the quality factor at the top of everything to ensure a quality purchase.